How Plantar Fasciitis Treatment in Midtown Manhattan Helps
Many people in the United States suffer from plantar fasciitis and do not even know it. Without proper treatment, about half of plantar fasciitis sufferers will have pain and symptoms for more than 10 years. This is where our plantar fasciitis treatment in midtown Manhattan can help you.
Here are five at home methods to help alleviate your plantar fasciitis.
Do you think you’re suffering from plantar fasciitis but you’re not entirely sure? Your first plan of action should be to make an appointment with us at Back & Body Medical and let us examine you. Our plantar fasciitis treatment in midtown Manhattan has helped many over the years and we are confident we can help you.
We will review your symptoms with a professional chiropractor. In our office, we use many treatment methods such as mobilization, myofascial release, stretching, exercise, and modalities, depending on your exact symptoms.
Until then, we are going to give you some at home remedies to give you a head start on treatment.
- Fascia Therapeutic Taping: “Fascia taping is designed to stabilize the plantar ligaments and limit abnormal movements of the plantar fascia by exploiting the arch-raising effects of the foot windlass mechanism.”
- Tensoplast Arch Wrap: There are certain times or activities during the day that do not allow arch support. These include sleeping, yoga, ballet, wrestling, and more. This taping technique can help give your arches extra support.
- Arch Supports and Orthotics: If you have fallen arches, you may benefit from Arch Supports and Orthotics.
- Socks and Boots: After a long night’s sleep, you may be more susceptible to pain in the morning. This is because your tissue heals itself during sleep when you are not in a weight bearing state. Right as you rise, a new year begins which causes pain. A boot or night splint may be helpful for you if you are experiencing this common symptom.
- Home Strengthening: There are many exercises that you can complete at home to strengthen the affected areas. These can be done on the gastroc, soleus, posterior tibialis, and intrinsic muscles of the foot.
So clearly, there are many things which you can do yourself to help relieve plantar fasciitis pain. Most importantly though, be sure to come in and see us at Back & Body Medical and see how our plantar fasciitis treatment midtown Manhattan will help you. We will give a full evaluation and personalized treatment plan for you. Your pain may be gone in no time!
If you are in pain, suffer from back pain, neck pain, headaches or whatever, come in and see us, we can help. We also accept insurance and would be delighted to help you out of pain. Call us today or Schedule an appointment.