Dr David Perna uses an integrated approach to help his patients.
He has focused his post-graduate studies on soft tissue techniques as well as exercise rehabilitation. This experience is why he treats professional athletes as well as weekend warriors with great success.
- Board Certified Sports Practitioner
- United States Olympic Committee Sports Medicine Volunteer
- Active Release Technique (ART) Full Body Certified, member of ART Elite Provider Network
- ART Bio-Mechanics Certified
- Graston Certified
- SFMA Certified
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Board Certified in Neuro-Diagnostics (NCV/EMG)
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia Certified
- McKenzie Part A- Lumbar
- Board Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (C.C.E.P)
- Rutgers University Graduate
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Life University, Summa Cum Laude
- Lectured on Electro Therapies and Cold Laser in practice at Long Island University as well as New York Chiropractic College
- Ironman Provider
- 2x Ironman 70.3 Finisher
- Television appearance on Dr. OZ demonstrating therapies
- Provided care for Presidents of countries, Royalty, Diplomats, as well as many professional football, tennis, baseball and MMA athletes
Dr David Perna’s Professional Background
With his extensive background in chiropractic care and more, Dr. David Perna, DC, CCSP, CCEP is able to offer patients an integrated approach that covers a wide range of treatments. In his postgraduate studies, Dr. Perna chose to focus studying on soft tissue techniques in addition to exercise rehabilitation.
Through his specialty in exercise rehabilitation, he has been able to help professional athletes in addition to regular people who like to push themselves to the limit athletically on the weekend. Dr. Perna also practices what he preaches.
He has completed the Ironman 70.3 twice and did competitive Olympic weightlifting, so he knows exactly what his patients are going through. He is also an Ironman provider.
So far, Dr. David Perna has helped an impressive list of people, including presidents of countries, royalty, and diplomats. Of course, there is also a long list of professional MMA, baseball, tennis, and football players that Dr. Dave Perna has helped.
Dr. David Perna works to share his knowledge with others whenever possible, including lecturing on cold laser and electro therapies at Long Island University and New York Chiropractic College. He has also demonstrated some of the therapies he can provide to patients on Dr. Oz, introducing a wider audience to the benefits available to them via chiropractic care.
Throughout the years, Dr. Perna has continued to learn, expanding his knowledge and the various treatments he can offer to his patients. As such, he is not only a Doctor of Chiropractic from Life University, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude, but also a Board Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner, a Board Certified Sports Practitioner, and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
Additionally, Dr. Perna is Active Release Technique Full Body Certified, ART Bio-Mechanics Certified, Board Certified in Neuro-Diagnostics, Graston Certified, and Manipulation Under Anesthesia Certified.
Dr. David Perna believes that instead of being a generalized feeling, pain originates from a particular pain generator. He uses his athletic experience to further his interest in restorative functional medicine. Dr. Perna’s goal is that his patients are able to alleviate their pain and reestablish or retain their body’s functionality so they can compete in their chosen sport to their full potential.
To help give back to the community, he is a United States Olympic Committee Sports Medicine Volunteer. In addition to his work, Dr. Perna also volunteers locally, training athletes in CrossFit, weightlifting, and football, all of which he has experience with.
Dr Perna is also a Competitor
Dr. David Perna is not only board certified to handle sports injuries but he is also an accomplished competitor and continues to compete in various sports activities including BJJ, triathlons and crossfit: