The new year is a time of growth and exploration. Millions of people around the world set new year’s resolutions, and you should too! One of the most popular resolutions is to get healthy and fit. This can seem overwhelming and difficult at first, so we at Back and Body Medical would like to give you some tips on how you can start your 2020 off right by getting active.
- Running: Running is one of the best ways to get up, active, and toned all around. Once you begin, you could set a goal for yourself to train for a 5k, half marathon, or marathon. It’s never a bad time to get up and active.
- Strengthening your core: Your core is a very strong area of the body. By strengthening your core, you are setting yourself up to be stronger all around. A great way to do this is by holding a plank. Start small and then work your way up to holding it for a minute per time. You will be surprised at how fast you start to see abs forming.
- Staying hydrated: Drinking lots of water is one of the best things that you can do for your mind and body. Be sure to drink 8 glasses a day to stay fully on track. Getting a reusable water bottle can help you with this.
- Walking: It’s okay to start small! Any sort of movement is a great way to keep your heart rate moving and your whole body feeling strong. Instead of taking the car, try walking sometimes, or opting for the stairs.
- Cut out added sugars: It’s no secret that we all love sweets: candy, chocolate, ice cream, donuts, the list goes on! It’s also no secret that these things are not good for you. Instead of indulging, try incorporating more fruit into your diet. This way, you are eating healthy sugars while still hitting your sweet tooth.
- Join the gym: Have you always wanted a motivating environment to workout? Or have you been eyeing up a particular workout class that looks interesting to you? The new year is a perfect time to join the gym because many memberships are on sale or there is a deal with free classes.
- Get 8 hours of sleep: Sleep is so important for you immune system, and keeping your mental health in check. If you struggle with late nights, try turning electronics off and winding down with some meditation or yoga.
- Workout in the morning: Who likes to workout at night after a long day at work? Starting your day off with a workout will push and motivate you to get through the day, and leave you with less stress and more relaxation time in the evening.
The new year is a great time to set new goals and reach these goals efficiently. A new decade calls for a new and better you. We at Back and Body Medical hope these tips to get healthy help you out going forward, and of course, we wish you a happy new year!
Of course if you are in pain or injured, come in and see us right away so that we can get you back on track and set for the new year.
If you are in pain, suffer from back pain, neck pain, headaches or whatever, come in and see us, we can help. We also accept insurance and would be delighted to help you out of pain. Call us today or Schedule an appointment.