ART or Active Release Technique is a common treatment for a variety of body pains such as back pains, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, knee problems, etc. It is a treatment system that targets the soft tissue, and with proper execution, it can bring great relief and promote faster healing.
The Active Release Technique is actually best known for re-establishing the correct range of movements between muscles and the fascia, and in doing so, it reduces fibrous adhesions (these are bands that form between tissues and organs as a result of injury during surgery – they are also called internal scar tissue) that typically cause painful movement. Therefore, it is most highly recommended for strain injuries and post-operative conditions.
For those who are advised to undergo this state-of-the-art movement-based soft tissue system, the leading benefits of Active Release Technique New York City treatment facility claims, are the following:
• It gets rid of numbness – While this doesn’t really hurt, it does alter the way people execute movements. ART is able to restore the original sensations of the body part where an injury was sustained which resulted in this type of physical discomfort.
• It manages pains – Those fibrous adhesions limit movement because they hurt, but with the physical manipulation carried out through ART, flexibility is created, and this reduces the pains of healing.
• It addresses weakness – This is common among people with anything from acute conditions as a result of collisions, pulls and tears, to micro-trauma (which is an accumulation of tears in muscle fibers), to hypoxia (a condition wherein not enough oxygen reaches the muscles). ART eradicates weakness by helping restore the original make-up of the soft tissues, which then allows them to move as they used to. The execution of ART moves develops strength and prevents atrophy.
• It is also known to be contributory to the correct identification of other movement issues — This, therefore, makes the design of the most well-rounded and appropriate treatment so much easier.
• ART is not just for healing but also for proper maintenance of the body — In fact, some of the most popular athletes nowadays point to ART as their secret to premium health and superior performance.
Other conditions that Active Release Technique is recommended for as part of a treatment program are localized pains that extend from the shoulders down to the knees (which are often diagnosed as sciatica), Illiotibial Band Syndrome, Golfer’s Elbow, Plantar Fasciitis, and Shin Splints.