Hi everyone, Dr Perna here.
I just want to start off with a short story before getting into what I want to talk about. Last week, I went to get a haircut. I arrived at the barber shop with my mask on. The shop promised many of the COVID protocols that we are becoming used to, temperature check, masks to be worn and so on. I was greeted by the receptionist who was wearing a mask. I had my temperature checked and everything was fine. I sat down, as did the receptionist. I looked up and noticed that she had taken her mask off.
Before I could say anything, another customer came into the store. The receptionist placed her mask back on and went through the same protocols with this customer as she had done with me. The new customer sat down and then he took his mask off.
At this point, I stood up and left the store. If this business failed to follow these very basic and simple protocols, I was very uneasy about what else hadn’t been followed. Was the seating clean? The equipment? I didn’t know, but the shop had lost my confidence very quickly.
So this brings me to my point. I want to assure every patient that comes to us at Back and Body Medical, that when we say we follow protocols, we mean it. We want to ensure everybody’s safety in these difficult times, both our staff and our patients.
To this end, our policies can be summed up as follows:
- We will be operating on a reduced capacity basis.
- Our staff will be wearing their masks 100% of the time. We expect our patients to do likewise. No mask, no service.
- All staff and patients must undergo a temperature check before entering the premises.
- Anyone feeling sick will not be admitted.
- If you have been overseas or to another State which incurs a quarantine period under New Jersey guidelines, please do not come to the office until that quarantine period is over.
- All our equipment is thoroughly cleaned between patients.
- We disinfect tables and equipment thoroughly overnight.
- All gym use is done in private rooms now. No use of the common equipment is allowed.
Our full policy guidelines can be seen here.
The point is we really want to assure our patients that we will do everything we can to ensure safety for all. Our guidelines aren’t simply there to be ignored, as per my experience in the barber shop, they are there for a reason. We don’t want you to worry and we don’t want you to feel unsafe.
We are here to help you out of pain, but in a safe and clean environment as well. We are here for you.
So if you’re in pain we are here for you.
As we are running on a limited capacity basis at present, an appointment is essential. Please call us (212) 371-2000 or schedule an appointment online.
And don’t forget your mask when you arrive 🙂