How Headache Treatment in Midtown Manhattan Can Help
About half of the entire population suffers from a headache at some point in their life. Did you know though, that about ¼ of these headaches are cervicogenic or CGH? The difference between CGH is that they are caused by a loss of cervical spine function, which is where our headache treatment in midtown Manhattan can help!
Now the pain of these headaches can be just as bad as migraine headaches, so if you no longer want to live with your CGH, continue reading!
Here are some common symptoms of CGH:
- Neck stiffness and tenderness
- Mostly unilateral without side shift
- Pain in cervical spine that travels to other locations: occipital, temporal, frontal, or supraorbital
- Pain presenting in the ipsilateral arm
- Deep, not throbbing
Our headache treatment in midtown Manhattan can help in several ways. We use spinal manipulation therapy to relieve these headaches. While SMT has been proven to be very effective, long term results may require other methods alongside of SMT. These are as follows:
- A neck flexor weakness test is first recommended to determine how much strength that your deep neck flexors have lost.
- Nerve flossing is a recommended treatment for CGH, because the greater occipital nerve is usually implicated. Neural mobilization and soft tissue techniques will be performed.
- Be sure to make sure your posture during daily life activities is proper. CGH can become worse if you have poor posture, so make sure you are properly aligned. If you do not know how to align yourself, we will be able to help you with that.
Come make an appointment with us and let our headache treatment in midtown Manhattan help you if you are experiencing any symptoms of CGH. We will create a personalized treatment plan alongside you.
If you are in pain, suffer from back pain, neck pain, headaches or whatever, come in and see us, we can help. We also accept insurance and would be delighted to help you out of pain. Call us today or Schedule an appointment.