One of the more interesting treatment options we have here at Back and Body in New York is Kinesiology. Kinesiology can be best described as the use of muscle testing to identify imbalances in the body’s structural, chemical, and emotional energy. Kinesiologists go through years of training to be able to access the movement of energy, or the Chi, around the brain and body. They actively search for ways to improve the efficiency and performance of the body by studying factors that influence movement. They discover the body’s healing needs, and look at energy changes through therapeutic procedures.
Kinesiologists believe that each body has its own healing energy is cares for itself, but sometimes needs help in doing so. So, kinesiology is best known as a system of natural care that also uses Chinese medicine to look at energy and body function.
Kinesiologists do not diagnose or treat named diseases; they look past the symptoms. They are mainly focused on imbalances in energy, since this can bring you closer to a goal in sports, relationships, learning, or coping with their problems.
Kinesiologists use muscle testing to locate and correct energy clocks in the body; the nerves and meridian system control this all. If the muscle test is weak, it is known that there is negative energy or stress somewhere in the system.
Here are some specific jobs of a kinesiologist:
- Healing injuries
- Applying many healing techniques to alleviate muscle ailments
- Working to manage, rehabilitate, and prevent disorders that impede movement
- Monitoring patients to make sure their program produces what they want
- Demonstrating proper muscle movement
- Improving motor learning skills in patients with cerebral palsy, autism, and other motor and neurological problems
- Promoting body postures
Kinesiologists can work in many different places, such as an office, laboratory, recreational facility, hospital, school, or residential facilities. Many organizations tend to hire them as well. These include:
- Athletic companies
- Sporting equipment companies
- Rehabilitation departments
- Occupational health departments
- Sport, fitness and recreation centres
- Sports organizations and teams
- Hospitals and primary health care facilities
- Colleges and universities
Kinesiology is another treatment option we offer here at Back and Body New York.
If you have any questions on our treatment options in New York, please contact us, we would be happy to help you and see what we can do for you.
In pain? Want a tune up? Call us today (908) 325 – 3000. We can treat and help you.