That nagging pain that you continuously ignore can haunt you and hamper your productivity at work and even make it hard for you to enjoy the small pleasures of daily life. Seeking the help of a reputable chiropractor NYC residents trust can help you gain fast and effective relief, allowing you to bounce back from neuromusculoskeletal issues like back pain.
But apart from back pain, there are definite signs to look out for wherein you may need to immediately seek the services of a practitioner of chiropractic. These include:
- Chronic pain in the muscles, joints and head which conventional treatments cannot remedy.
- If your work entails sitting for a long period of time or if you perform repetitive tasks.
- If your injury won’t fully heal after medication or physical therapy.
- If you experience sharp pain that shoots from the hip toward the legs.
- Pain or stiffness that cannot be attributed to a single cause.
- If you do not want to go under the knife or rely on medication for a joint problem.
- If you notice the sole of one of your shoes wears out faster than the other.
- If people notice that the hem of your skirt or pants hangs unevenly.
- The position of your head protrudes forward.
- One of your shoulders hangs lower than the other.
During your initial consultation with the chiropractor, he will discuss the patient’s condition as well as the methods entailed in remedying such. In circumstances wherein chiropractic treatment is not the best solution for a patient’s woes, he will recommend the appropriate health care professional.
During the initial clinical examination, you will be asked by the chiropractor to provide detailed information about your medical history as well as the symptoms of your current condition, including the activities that worsen it.
Afterwards, you’ll undergo a chiropractic exam which will enable the practitioner to determine your blood pressure level, pulse, respiration and reflexes. The chiropractor will also assess the range of motion of the part that you are complaining about, your muscle tone and strength and your neurological integrity.
In some cases, the chiropractor will ask you to undergo diagnostic studies which will allow him to have a more accurate picture of your condition. These studies include X-rays, MRI and other lab tests.
After diagnosis, your chiropractor will then discuss with you your treatment plan. Often, this will include the adjustment of joint dysfunctions, recommendations for appropriate strengthening and stretching exercises, tips to improve your posture and other treatments including massages.