Pain management is now easier because there have been a lot of therapeutic treatments introduced over the years. Lasers are one of the techniques used today, and these have been proven to be effective for almost 50 years now. Cold laser therapy NYC health experts say, is very effective for pain management, and it is FDA-approved, which is why a lot of physicians recommend it.
Cold laser treatment uses the most up-to-date technology and medical knowledge. Some patients prefer this treatment because they do not feel pain while undergoing the treatment. This is a non-invasive treatment that stimulates tissue repair.
Cold laser is a drug-free treatment that reduces inflammation and pain on affected areas, and accelerates healing at the same time. This type of treatment is recommended for conditions involving joint injuries and other acute and chronic conditions.
What conditions can be treated?
Cold laser therapy promotes healing by improving blood circulation and decreasing pain and inflammation on the following areas of the body: muscles, ligaments, nerves, bones, joints, and tissues. Acute and chronic conditions often associated with these body parts can be treated by cold laser. These conditions are as follows:
- Back pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Disc Problems
- Hair growth
- Joint injuries
- Ligament injury
- Ligament sprain
- Muscle injury
- Muscle strain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Regeneration of nerves
- Soft tissue injuries
- Sports injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Wound healing
What are the benefits?
Cold laser therapy is known to provide relief from pain and from inflammation. There are more benefits to this therapy and below are just a few of them:
- No pain. Since the therapy is a non-invasive treatment, patients don’t feel pain at all. They are not required to undergo surgery, there are no cuts made into the body, and there are no instruments inserted that could cause discomfort and pain.
- No side-effects. Cold laser is a drug-free treatment. Patients do not have to worry about side effects that are usually felt after taking prescribed medicine.
- Easy application. The treatment only uses the cold laser device, which is placed directly over the affected area for 30 seconds or more, depending on the area being treated.
- Safe. Patients don’t have to worry about their health because this treatment is totally safe and effective.
- Highly effective. Medical reports say that conditions treated by cold laser improved during the sessions. The treatment assures more than 90% efficiency.
- Cost-effective. Not only do patients benefit from this therapy, but the practitioners do as well.