Do you suffer from shoulder pain? Back and Body Medical shoulder pain exercises is going to give you some exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your own home. The exercises will help improve your flexibility and strength in the shoulders. Even if only one shoulder is bothering you, make sure to work both sides, not just the injured one. Let’s get started!
Let’s start off with flexibility exercises.
- Pendulum exercise: Stand or sit and lean forward. Your arm should swing like the pendulum of a clock. Hold light weights while you do this. Move the weight in all different directions, allowing your shoulder to relax. Do not shrug your shoulder upward or let the shoulder go. This exercise can be done multiple times a day.
- Finger wall walk: Stand in front of a wall and slowly walk your fingers up. Go slow and repeat a few times. Rotate your trunk or stand with your body at different degrees to the wall.
- Crossover arm stretch: Relax your shoulders and gently pull your arm across your chest using the uninvolved arm to assist in this movement. Hold for up to 30 seconds and then repeat with the other arm.
- Passive internal rotation and external rotation: (This requires a broomstick which should be held parallel to the floor). Grip the stick with both hands held shoulder width apart and allow one arm to move the relaxed arm in word and outward. You should do this as two separate exercises. Hold the end range for about 30 seconds each and repeat 1 to 3 times, or as many times as you feel comfortable.
Next, let’s discuss some strengthening exercises.
- Thera tube or bands. Anchor this to the hinge side of a door. Pretend like you were standing on a clock and slowly pool and release the tubing three times in each of the 4 positions: twelve , three, six, nine.
Our Back and Body Medical shoulder pain exercises are designed to help you recover from your injury but also that we are here to help so that you are not alone in your shoulder pain struggles.
Use these exercises as much as you’d like to relieve any shoulder pain. Come in and see us today if you have any other questions or want to further your shoulder pain treatment.
Call us today or simply schedule an appointment online.